Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bedtime

My hair smells like bug spray. My eyes sting. My stomach is full of fried cheese and stale bun. My bloodstream contains a few types of alcohol. Another successful night of erasmus partying. Last night at Mandarin. Tick. 3rd last night in Brno. Tick. It's all winding down. I'm going to miss my bed. I confessed this to a few other erasmus and they looked at me like I was crazy. But I like the novelty and practicality of the convertible bed/couch and the firmness of the mattress. And I have to admit, it's kind of nice to share a room with someone. Who knows what my living conditions will be like when I return. All I know is that this familiarity is about to come to an end and be filed away in memory. I'm not sad. Everything is impermanent. We're forever in the waiting room until we discover that's all there is. Then we live.

1 comment:

Holland Chase said...

saw the delta spirit tonight. really great show.

but as far as bed/couches go, be careful not to sit on the corners of them at the next to the back of the couch. they like to break that way. and then you get to have fun trying to figure out if it's even possible to fall asleep on a mattress that has recently taken the shape of a mountain.